SAN FRANCISCO (Feb. 7, 2017) – Ten Bay Area and Washington, DC. nonprofit organizations have received a total of $200,000 to date from the MTYKL Foundation, which was founded by five San Francisco lawyers in 2014.
The grants are part of the foundation’s Immigrant Rights Initiative and support programs aimed at women and children detainees; immigrant rights fellowships; research on implicit bias; labor trafficking; and education, legislation, and media campaigns to change hearts and minds and reform policy.
The following organizations each received $20,000 from the MTYKL Foundation’s Immigrant Rights Initiative:
- American Immigration Council, Washington, D.C.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Asian Law Caucus, San Francisco
- Asian Law Alliance, San Jose
- Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach, San Francisco
- Center for Gender and Refugee Studies at UC Hastings, San Francisco
- Centro Legal de la Raza, Oakland
- Chinese for Affirmative Action, San Francisco
- Equal Justice Society, Oakland
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
- Legal Aid at Work (formerly Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center), San Francisco